>


How is child support calculated 50/50 custody?


Joint i.e. 50/50 custody can prove to be an excellent arrangement for divorced or separated parents in the United States or any other country around the globe. This is mainly because a 50/50 custody provides both parents with an equal opportunity to be a part of the lives of their children.

In addition to this, a 50/50 custody helps parents have a shared responsibility in raising their children. Child support is a key responsibility that parents consider about the most in the case of joint custody.

In the United States, courts arrange for child support on the basis of the parenting time split that 50/50 custody parents share. Wondering who pays for child support in case of a joint parenting time? Here, we have explained all of it for you.


How is Child Support Calculated in 50/50 custody in the United States?


When there is a parent having full physical custody of the child, decisions related to child support are usually simpler. Such a parent is called the primary parent and he or she pays more for child support. Intensive investigation and calculations may still be required by the court to calculate the exact amount. However, there is usually no question with regard to who will actually pay to support the child.

Further determinations may be taken in cases with joint custody so as to make decisions on who will pay the child support and to calculate how much he or she will pay. In the United States, child support is not only based on the parenting time that each parent invests in but also on the income of each parent. Each parent is expected to pay to support the child as per their income and their ability to pay, and the cost is not therefore split evenly. If 25 percent of the total income is made by one parent, and the other makes the remaining 75 percent of the income, the one who earns higher is expected to pay more for the child support burden. On the other hand, the child support is calculated solely on the basis of the parenting time if both parents have an equal income. In such cases, the parent with less parenting time is expected to pay a higher amount.

In the case of more than one child, the amount is not to be multiplied by the number of children, rather a smaller amount is added on for each additional child. For example, the second child is given an additional 60 percent, and an additional 40 percent is given for a third child, 30 percent for a fourth child, and so on.


Calculating Child Support in the case of 50/50 Joint Custody


Some variables can be eliminated from the equation of child support in the case of a 50/50 custody. Since the percentage of parenting time is always one of the key factors, that can be set to 50 percent and the simplified formula that works here is that each parent will usually have to pay an equal 15 percent of the difference in their respective incomes for child support. Call our child support lawyers today for a free consultation.

Leave a Replay


As Seen On



* With Paid Subscription. Promotion valid while supplies last. Please allow 4-6 weeks to arrive. We reserve the right to make adjustments or changes to this promotion at any time without notice. The promotional gift has no cash value. Only one gift per new subscription and does not apply to renewals. This promotional gift cannot be combined with other offers. Some features have limited functionality or have been disabled until subscription is paid.



Copyright © 2019. Sasi Time . All rights reserved.

Design & Developed By All Cyber Solutions